Just like any cool gadgets, the digital camcorder has evolved and is continuously evolving with a number of features which create high definition video, memory capacity to save the shots and longer battery life for continuous use. Additionally, technological advancement makes them smaller than its predecessors, making it ever handy.
Like the old analog camcorder, the digital one is a gadget which serves as a video camera and recorder. It is primarily designed to capture and record videos and recent designs. The analog camcorder records the video to video tapes like video cassette. On the other hand, the digital camcorder replaced the video tapes with memory storage like internal memory, flash drives and SD cards. During the recently concluded International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, it states that all soon to be released video recording gadgets will be all digital meaning it is all tape free.
The digital video camera is perfect for just about anybody who wants to take videos of family and friends either during vacations, special occasions or simply just capturing heartwarming and funny moments in an ordinary day. Here are few things which you should consider before buying that.
* Check the memory options. The memory feature is highly responsible for the storage of your video files.
camcorders which are low cost and pocket sized, the flash memory is ideal. The
flash memory is a built in storage which usually have 4GB or 8GB space, and
enough for an hour or two of video recording.
- High end digital camcorders have both the flash memory and SD card reader making file transfer very convenient. Usually these SD cards have 64GB memory.
* Basic features are:
- Optical zoom for close ups can range from 10x to 48x depending on the model
- Image stabilization is helpful to avoid shaky videos
- Photo features like: flash, exposure controls and burst shooting among others
- Audio recording for clear sounds. High end models even has a surround recording feature
* Depending on how you will use it, the prices are dependent on its size and functions.
- The pocket sized camcorders are ideal for posting your videos in the internet via YouTube or other social network and this type costs between US$80 to US$150.
- For budget conscious buyers who want a digital camcorder with a relatively advance features, the Standard Definition or SD digital camcorder is a good buy. The SD variety has a price tag of US$180-US$330.
- If you want to splurge with high definition video quality, then the HD digital camcorder is the right one for you. This type cost between US$300 to US$1000.
- Should you wish to further take your video passion to the next level, like shooting for weddings or B type movies, then the HD Prosumer camcorders should suit your needs. It costs around US$1000 to US$3000.
Consider your options carefully. Be sure to get a digital camcorder to meet your needs without going overboard with the price. It is also advisable to read actual … Read More